Ashweb Design 2016 © | Terms and conditions Privacy policy

Llandegla A village and community…


The village of Llandegla has seen habitation by man from very early times. Caves around the current settlement have been shown to have been burial places from the New Stone Age with signs of Bronze Age tumuli at various locations. It is very probable that the Romans were  active in the area with several good indicators, such as very straight roads, typically Roman, which run very close to the present village between Chester (Roman Deva) and Corwen and the remains of a small fort on the hillside below Dafarn Dywyrch roundabout. Sadly there is little hard evidence to support the theories.



As with most villages, the oldest properties lie close to the water source of the River Alyn and Holy wells. The current church was rebuilt in 1866 under the guidance of architect John Gibson. (It was Gibson who designed the famous Marble Church at Bodelwyddan). Opposite the church is the School and School House which opened its doors on January 5th 1874 and was known as Llandegla National School. Prior to that there had been a school in the village since 1745. Over the years Llandegla has evolved and grown into a busy village with properties of all ages, styles and sizes making the village a very desirable place to live.


Follow the links on the Menu board below to go to the listed page.


Community