Council’s waste and recycling parks appointment system is here to stay
The online booking system for use of Denbighshire County Council’s waste and recycling parks has proved to be extremely popular by site users and staff, and is here to stay.
Drivers should bring their booking reference number and proof of residency. Anyone turning up without an appointment will not allowed to use the site.
The Council is advising visitors to the waste and recycling parks of the following:-
• You must not visit the waste and recycling park if you or anyone you are living with is in self-isolation or showing COVID-19 symptoms.
• No twin-axle trailers will be allowed entry (car-derived vans/4x4s and single-axle trailers are able to enter).
• There is a permit system in place for vans or similar commercial vehicles. The Council are processing requests for new permits as usual. If you drive a van or similar commercial vehicle, please do not make a booking until you have a valid permit.
• Please segregate your waste before coming to site to speed up your visit.
• The number of vehicles allowed on site is restricted. Where possible vehicles should only include the driver as only one person will be allowed to unload their vehicles. Visitors must remain in their car whilst queuing.
• Social distancing measures must be adhered to at all times by both staff and visitors.
• Black bags/refuse sacks should only contain non-recyclable waste. The Council are collecting food, cans, plastics, paper, cardboard and glass at the kerbside so residents should use these collections for these materials. We will not accept black bag waste that contains food and recyclables.
The opening hours for the sites are: -
Ruthin : Monday – Thursday 10am-6pm; Closed Friday; Sat & Sun 9am – 5pm
Denbigh: Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri – 10am – 6pm; Closed Thursday; Sat & Sun 9am – 5pm
Rhyl : Monday – Sunday 10am – 6pm
Councillor Brian Jones, Cabinet Lead Member for Waste, Transport and the Environment, said: “We would like to thank the public for the fantastic support that we have received for the booking appointment system. It has been a great success and the arrangements at the waste and recycling parks have run like clockwork. That is down to the arrangements put in place to ensure social distancing, but also the way that residents have really engaged with the process.
“That is why we have decided to run with this system indefinitely. Many residents have asked us to keep the system in place. It reduces any queueing of traffic, the visits to the waste and recycling parks are quicker and more efficient, and it is generally a safer way to operate the sites.
“As ever we will monitor future performance of the new way of working to evaluate and implement any process modifications as required.”
To book an appointment, visit the council website: http://www.denbighshire.gov.uk/recycling