The objectives of the Association are charitable, providing financial support for Worship, Education and Social Cohesion, within the Community.
To date, the Association has provided funds to help ensure continuity of worship and pastoral care within Llandegla, part funded a planned local Wildlife extension to the displays in the Village Visitor Centre, hosted by the Church and provided much needed additional teaching resources for the Village School.
Presently, the Association is looking at the possibility of
re-establishing a programme of activities for young people within the
Village. Research has shown that,
currently, whilst there are some 50 young people between 10 and 18 years living
within our community, no organised activities/events are available, locally,
for them. The LRA is keen to provide
some financial support for such an initiative, but the objectives cannot be
realised without the help of those willing to come forward and organise and
manage the activities.
If such help became available, many exciting things might be possible -
- the re-establishment of a Cubs, Brownies, Guides, Scouting group within Llandegla
- the re-establishment of a regular youth club
- the engagement of Denbighshire County Council Rural Youth resources that would bring a Team to deliver a programme of youth work activity in the area
-Youth Work team to come in and deliver activities at one off events or community festivals etc. throughout the year.
- Support and training for any volunteers who may want to be involved in a voluntary youth group.
- the possibility of expanding after school/holiday clubs
LRA can provide funding to help with such projects, but without people power to make it happen, it can’t happen.
Are you prepared to step up to the plate and give your young
people in Llandegla the same opportunities enjoyed elsewhere? If so, contact – Fraser Robertson on 01978
790666 or email@example.com for an informal chat.
More news will be posted here as it becomes available.
© 2021. Fraser Robertson