Watch out for
fake text messages pretending to be from the NHS. Since Jan 1st, 412
victims have reported losses totalling more than £531,000. Please
use the following links if you would like to see an example of the fake NHS
messages reported to Action Fraud:
What you need to
look out for:
· Be aware of requests for personal
information in messages claiming to be from the NHS.
· Be alert to links or attachments in
unexpected messages claiming to be from the NHS.
· Do not respond to requests for money,
bank details or passwords. The NHS will NEVER ask for payment or any
How to report scam
· If you are suspicious about an email,
forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· If you are suspicious about a text message,
forward it to the number 7726
(it’s free of charge).
For information on NHS coronavirus testing, visit: http://www.nhs.uk